Smart Travel Tips
If you are nursing or pumping breast milk, FAI has a nursing station in the secured area beyond TSA for parents that are looking for a private, comfy location to change, feed and support parents and baby. After passing through TSA it will be a large white pod to the right, heading toward gates 4, 5 and 6.
FAI is a non-smoking airport. Smoking and vaping are permitted in the designated smoking areas outside across the street from the terminal.
Downstairs terminal area, between the Dino Pit and Twigs Alaskan Gifts. This is an unmanned station with pamphlets from our local partner Explore Fairbanks. If you have questions that cannot be answered at the station please call our communications center at 907-474-2530.
Go to Settings in your phone
Search and select Wi-Fi name FAI Public Wi-Fi
Check Your Flight's Status Before Heading to the Airport
Get to the Airport On Time
Arrive at the Airport up to two hours prior to your flight departure time.
- Pack undeveloped film and cameras with film in your carry-on.
- Valuables belong with you. Jewelry, laptop computers and cash go in your carry-on.
- Know the latest rules for carrying liquids and gels on your flight.
- Keep all medication in pre-printed prescription containers with you in your carry-on.
- Know your limits. Travelers are allowed one carry-on and one personal item, such as a purse, laptop or briefcase.
- Do not wrap gifts and packages when carrying them onboard. All items being carried onboard are subject to a personal inspection.
- Visit the TSA web site for specific information on Permitted and Prohibited Items.
Reduce your Time In Line
- Skip the check-in line. Check in for your flight via the Web, or use the airline check-in kiosks whenever possible.
- Have your boarding pass and government-issued photo ID readily available until you clear security.
- Remove any metallic items from your pockets and put them in your carry-on before you get to the security checkpoint. Items likely to set off the security alarm include loose change, keys, mobile phones, metal jewelry and large belt buckles.
- Discard any beverages prior to the security checkpoint.
- Only ticketed passengers are allowed beyond the security screening points.
- Do not leave bags unattended in the Airport.
- Cars on the departure and arrival ramps are limited to active loading and unloading only.
- Do not leave cars unattended near airport terminals. They will be towed.