Iditarod in Fairbanks: Getting to the race March 4, 2015
If you’re planning to watch the Iditarod restart Monday in Fairbanks, here’s some information to help you plan ahead.
What: Restart of the 43rd Iditarod
When: 10 a.m. Monday, March 9, 2015
Where: On Hoselton Road in front of Pike’s Waterfront Lodge in Fairbanks
Things to know before you go:
- Free shuttle buses will run from the Carlson Center to Pike’s Landing. The buses will run every half-hour
on the half-hour from 7-8:30 a.m. and every 10 minutes from 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. We encourage you to use these.
- Public parking is extremely limited at the restart. A small public parking area is accessible off Pike’s Landing Road. This will fill up early. To ensure that you see the start of the race, we encourage you to use the free shuttle buses.
- Please keep your pets at home. No matter how well behaved they are, they will be a distraction to the teams.
- Check 511.alaska.gov for road conditions.
- A map of the race route is available at www.Iditarod.com. See flip side for map of the race route to the Chena River.