Haines Airport Rehabilitation & Snow Removal Equipment Building
State/Federal Project No.: SFAPT00234/3-02-01120 | SFAPT003367/3-02-0221-XXX-2025
The Alaska Department of Transportation & Public Facilities (DOT&PF), in cooperation with the Alaskan Region of the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), is proposing to rehabilitate the Haines Airport. Proposed work may include:
- Rehabilitate Runway (RW) 08/26
- Rehabilitate Taxiways (TW) A, D, E, and portions of TWs C and B
- Construct a taxilane between the edge of the general aviation apron and helipad
- Reconstruct helipad
- Improve drainage including modifications to existing culverts and ditching
- Replace edge lighting, airfield direction signage, conduits, and electrical conductors
- Replace and relocate the airport rotational beacon
- Construct a snow removal and equipment building (SREB)
The purpose of the project is to extend the service life of the Haines Airport, improve safety for aircraft operations and taxiing, improve airport access, and improve drainage.
The project team is currently working on preliminary design and environmental analysis. An Environmental Assessment will be completed for this project per the FAA’s National Environmental Policy Act guidance.
Use DOT&PF's Alaska Project Exchange tools to learn more about all of DOT&PF's active construction projects statewide!
Want to know how construction will impact road traffic? Visit 511.alaska.gov
Want to dig into the details about projects across the state? Visit dot.alaska.gov/construction