Nome Port Road Reconstruction
(Project Nos. Z621230000/0002278)
The Alaska Department of Transportation and Public Facilities (ADOT&PF) is planning a reconstruction project along Port Road.
The Nome Port Road Reconstruction project would reconstruct and improve approximately 0.6 miles of Port Road between Submarine Beach Road and Jetty Road in Nome, Alaska.
We are currently working on the project design. Construction is expected to begin in 2023.
The purpose of the project is to improve safety, extend the service life of the roadway, and reduce maintenance associated with degraded roadways and poor drainage.
The proposed work for the Nome Port Road Reconstruction project includes the following:
- Reconstruct and pave Port Road.
- Widen curve at intersection with Submarine Beach Road.
- Improve intersection at Port Road and Jafet Road to support truck turning movements.
- Improve drainage including drainage ditch and culvert replacement.
- Construct pedestrian improvements along Port Road from Jetty Road to Jafet Road.
- Improve crossing location from City harbor to future laydown area.
- Improve intersection at Port Road and Jetty Road to support truck turning movements and improve safety.
- Minor ROW acquisition will be needed for improvements.
- Relocate or repair utilities impacted by the project.
Heavy machinery operates along Port Road in Nome, Alaska
Pedestrians walk along Port Road in Nome, Alaska
The proposed project area in Nome, Alaska. This figure also shows Seppala Drive which is a separate project.