Haines is located 90 nautical miles north of Juneau on the shores of Northern Lynn Canal, the deepest, longest fjord in North America is surrounded by snow-capped mountains and hanging glaciers. Visits to this friendly and quirky community offer year-round adventure for thrill seekers and tame explorers alike. Haines also connects the Inside Passage to the surface highway at Haines Junction. Visit www.visithaines.com for more information on available activities and accommodations.
Haines is home to some of the most spectacular scenery in the Inside Passage and is also the gathering place for the world's largest concentration of bald eagles who arrive each autumn to feed on spawning salmon in the Chilkat River. The area also offers wonderful bear watching opportunities in mid to late summer, a must-see community on your visit to Southeast Alaska.
Haines Port & Terminal Information (HNS)
Haines, AK 99827
Visit Google Maps
4 miles from town
Terminal Contact: (907) 766-2111
- Male, female, and family bathroom with a baby changing station in the family bathroom.
- Soda and a snack vending machine.
- Inside and outside seating.
- Three-station ticket counter.
- Local bus/shuttle phone.
- Local tourism/information brochures available.
- Book exchange.
- Pet convenience area located on the south parking lot.