Eligible Capital Projects
All equipment purchased under these programs must be used to provide passenger transportation services. Examples of eligible capital projects include:
- Passenger service vehicles.
- Commuter vans.
- Refurbishment of existing vehicles.
- Vehicle retrofit for wheelchair lifts.
- Replacement parts for passenger service vehicles.
- Communications equipment.
- Computer hardware and data systems; dispatching software.
- Other equipment such as bicycle racks and fare boxes.
- Bus shelters, accessible features for sidewalks and facilities.
- Maintenance equipment (such as bus lifts).
- Security equipment.
NOTE: All equipment purchased with FTA funds must be part of an asset management plan (28 KB).
Construction projects involve building a transit-related facility. Examples of eligible construction projects include:
- Bus transfer stations.
- Maintenance facilities.
- Bus shelters