To support the DOT&PF mission by providing access and mobility within the communities of Alaska, both urban and non-urban, through transit services that are safe, appealing, efficient, and easily-available to both the general public and transit-dependent populations.
- Assist in the maintenance, development, and improvement of public transportation systems, including providing a mechanism for systematic replacement of existing fleets.
- Facilitate the most efficient use of all funds and most effective delivery of services through the coordination of programs and services.
- Encourage greater local support of transit systems, fostering a federal-state-local partnership in maintaining a stable funding base for transit.
- Ensure that transit investment decisions consider policy directions, customer input, available resources, system performance, and funding levels.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with ADOT&PF customers through communication and responsiveness.