Social Media Policy
While social media sites are an open forum, it is also a family friendly one, so
please keep your comments and wall posts clean. Additionally, we ask that you follow our posting guidelines below.
If you do not comply, your message may be removed:
- No profane, graphic, obscene, explicit, or racial comments or submissions,
nor do we allow comments that are abusive, hateful, or potentially libelous.
- No solicitations or advertisements. This includes promotion or endorsement of any financial, commercial, or non-governmental agency.
- No external links except for those linking to an official State of Alaska website.
- No comments suggesting or encouraging illegal activity.
- No comments related to campaigns or elections, as Alaska law prohibits use
of State equipment or resources for campaign or partisan political purposes.
- No comments that are not topically related to the posting being commented upon.
You participate at your own risk, taking personal responsibility for your comments, your username, and any information provided.
If you have questions please contact our Chief Communications Officer at 907-465-3900, or email us at
Please note: Alaska law prohibits use of State equipment or resources for
campaign or partisan political purposes. Please do not post messages concerning campaign or partisan political activities.