Purpose of Human Services Grants
- Ensure that elderly persons and persons with disabilities gain access and mobility similar to the general population from the use of transit facilities and services.
- Make special efforts in the planning and design of transportation facilities and services to assure elderly persons and persons with disabilities have the availability of transportation which they can effectively use.
- Continue to meet the special needs of elderly persons and persons with disabilities for whom public transportation services are unavailable, insufficient or inappropriate.
- Use incentives to encourage the coordination within communities of existing public transportation services and human service transportation.
- Provide transportation programs for special populations in small and geographically-isolated communities of Alaska where limited resources offer little opportunity for coordination benefits.
|SFY2017 Human Services Grantee Locations.|
Human Services SFY2019 Grant Timeline
|August 1, 2017||Intent to Apply period open - New Agencies - Current/Returning Agencies|
|August 31, 2017||Intent to Apply due by 4:30 pm|
|October 2, 2017||Notice of Availability of funding, Application period open|
|November 8,2017||Teleconference/webinar for grant related questions|
|November 15, 2017||Distribution of responses to teleconference/webinar|
|December 1, 2017||Last day for questions on SFY18 application|
|December 15, 2017||Applications due by 4:30 pm|
|March 30, 2018||Results posted on website and through online public notice|
|June 15, 2018||SFY2019 Agreements sent|
* Please note these dates are subject to change.
** In order to be eligible to apply for Human Services funding, applicants must have, and participate in, an up-to-date Coordinated Public Transit-Human Services Community Transportation Plan.