1. Lake Hood Seaplane Base Frozen Lakes: Winter operations are in effect, and we are requesting everyone’s help to remind others to please stay off the ice. The frozen lakes remain restricted active runway surfaces all winter for ski operations. For further information please contact the Lake Hood Office at 907-266-2410.
2. Airport Community Outreach Plan Update: The Airport is seeking public comments and modification recommendations for the Airport Community Outreach Plan. Comments are to be submitted no later than March 18, 2020. The Airport Community Outreach Plan establishes guidelines for effective two-way communication between the Airport and the community. The plan can be found at dot.alaska.gov/anc/about/community.shtml.
3. Airport Concessions: Denali Pretzels second location is now open post-security serving Krispy Kreme Doughnuts, pretzels, and Kaladi Brothers Coffee. So grab your carry-on and head over to Denali Pretzels post-security location - it's the first thing you'll see as you head to the gate.
4. Cell Phone Parking Lot: There is a free cell phone lot available for drivers to wait until arriving passengers have deplaned, collected luggage and called to be picked up. The cell phone lot is in a designated area of the DOT&PF Central Region Headquarters parking lot - just two minutes away from both the South and North Terminals. Directions to the lot: From International Airport Road driving west to the Airport, turn right at the Aviation Avenue exit and follow signs to the lot.
5. Real ID:
6. Airport Recruitment: The Airport is hiring! Information on these opportunities can be found on Workplace Alaska or through Local 71 at the following web addresses: local71.com/jobs and dot.alaska.gov/anc/about/jobs.shtml. Active recruitments are:
|Equipment Operator Journey II||$23.60/Hr||Class A CDL required at time of application.|
|Seasonal Equipment Operator Journey II||$23.60/Hr||Class A CDL required at time of application.|
|Equipment Operator Journey I||$22.16/Hr||Class A CDL required at time of application.|
|Heavy Equipment Mechanic||$23.60-27.10/Hr||Class A CDL required at time of application.|
|Electrician||$26.73-30.68/Hr||Class B CDL required at time of application.|
|Analyst/Programmer IV||$5,632 Monthly|
7. Sign up for GovDelivery: Follow the link below to receive emails on DOT related items and visit us on Facebook and Twitter. service.govdelivery.com/accounts/AKDOT/subscriber/new
Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport is an important gateway to the city of Anchorage and the State of Alaska. More than 5 million passengers fly through ANC annually. Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport is responsible for approximately 15,577 airport & community jobs, earning $1 billion. That's 1 in 10 jobs in Anchorage.
Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport | 5000 W. International Airport Rd | Anchorage, AK 99502