Richardson Highway MP 353-357 Access Improvements Project
Project No. 66148/HRO-0A2-4(19)
The Alaska Department of Transportation and Public Facilities (DOT&PF), in cooperation with Great Northwest, Inc., is constructing safety and access improvements for the
Richardson Highway corridor between the 6-mile Badger Road interchange and Levee Way. Construction on this project began in June 2019 and is expected to complete by the end
of 2020 construction season..
The Project includes the following:
Safety and Access Improvements
- Multiple access points along the corridor will be consolidated into new at-grade intersections. New intersections will include acceleration and deceleration
lanes for traffic entering and exiting the Richardson Highway.
- New intersections will be designed to accommodate large trucks.
- Highway lighting will be installed at new intersections to improve visibility and reduce the likelihood of crashes.
Frontage Road Improvements
Frontage roads will be constructed or improved to better serve the access needs of local traffic. The project will include new pavement, road widening, drainage
upgrades, and accommodation for emergency vehicles and snow plows.
- Frontage roads north of the Richardson Highway will be improved and extended between Bright Electric (near westbound Badger Road interchange ramp) and Exclusive Paving.
- Frontage roads south of the Richardson Highway will be improved and extended between LuAnne Road and Black Gold Express/Hamilton Construction.
Richardson Highway MP 353-357 Access Improvements-Map Displays
Richardson Highway MP 353-357 Access Improvements-Map Displays Text Board
For more information contact:
Lauren Little, P.E.
2301 Peger Rd
Fairbanks, AK 99709-5316
To correspond by text telephone
(TDD) (907) 451-2363
Richardson Hwy facing west. North Frontage road on the right will be improved.
Richardson Hwy facing west at Old Rich intersection. The intersection will be closed and relocated west aligning with Rozak Rd
Intersection of LuAnne Rd aand South Frontage Rd. This interection will remain open to right-in, right-out only access.
South frontage road near MP 355. These frontage roads will be widened and resurfaced for local traffic.