1. Lake Hood Seaplane Base Frozen Lakes: Winter operations are soon to be in effect, and we are requesting everyone’s help to spread the reminder to please stay off the ice. The frozen lakes remain restricted active runway surfaces all winter for ski operations. For further information please contact the Lake Hood Office at 907-266-2410.
2. Airport Community Outreach Plan Update: The Airport is seeking public comments and modification recommendations for the Airport Community Outreach Plan, and request comments be submitted no later than March 18th, 2020. The Communications Plan establishes guidelines for effective two-way communication between the Airport and the community. The plan can be found at dot.alaska.gov/anc/about/community.shtml.
3. Anchorage Transportation Fair: Airport construction projects will be represented at the fair being held January 23rd from 3-7pm at the Alaska Airlines Center Auxiliary, University of Alaska Anchorage, 3550 Providence Drive. Anchoragetranspofair.blogspot.com.
4. Cell Phone Parking Lot: If you're picking up passengers, there is a free cell phone lot available for drivers to wait until arriving passengers have deplaned, collected luggage and called to be picked up outside Baggage Claim. The cell phone lot is located in a designated area of the DOTPF Central Region Headquarters parking lot - just two-minutes away from both the South and North Terminals. Directions to the lot: From International Airport Road driving west to the airport, turn right at the Aviation Avenue exit and follow signs to the lot. Drivers must stay with their vehicles. Parking along International Airport Road is strictly prohibited. For a map, please visit the Airport's website at dot.alaska.gov/anc/travelerInfo/parkingSrvcs.shtml.
5. Real ID:
6. Airport Recruitment: The Airport is hiring! Information on these opportunities can be found on Workplace Alaska or through Local 71 at the following web addresses: local71.com/jobs and dot.alaska.gov/anc/about/jobs.shtml. Active recruitments are:
|Equipment Operator Journey II||$23.60/Hr||Class A CDL required at time of application.|
|Seasonal Equipment Operator Journey II||$23.60/Hr||Class A CDL required at time of application.|
|Equipment Operator Journey I||$22.16/Hr||Class A CDL required at time of application.|
|Heavy Equipment Mechanic||$23.60-27.10/Hr||Class A CDL required at time of application.|
|Electrician||$26.73-30.68/Hr||Class B CDL required at time of application.|
|Analyst/Programmer IV||$5,632 Monthly|
|Airport Operations Specialist||$5,272Monthly|
7. Sign up for GovDelivery: Follow the link below to receive emails on DOT related items and visit us on Facebook and Twitter. service.govdelivery.com/accounts/AKDOT/subscriber/new
Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport is an important gateway to the city of Anchorage and the State of Alaska. More than 5 million passengers fly through ANC annually. Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport is responsible for approximately 15,577 airport & community jobs, earning $1 billion. That's 1 in 10 jobs in Anchorage.
Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport | 5000 W. International Airport Rd | Anchorage, AK 99502