1. Lake Hood Seaplane Base Frozen Lakes: Winter operations are soon to be in effect, and we are requesting everyone’s help to spread the reminder to please stay off the ice. The frozen lakes remain restricted active runway surfaces all winter for ski operations. For further information please contact the Lake Hood Office at 907-266-2410.
2. Airport Concessions: Denali Pretzels recently opened serving hot pretzels, Kaladi Brothers Coffee and Krispy Kreme doughnuts located pre-security across from Ravn Alaska ticket counters. A post-security location will be opening soon.
3. ANC Police & Fire:
4. Passenger Drop-off/Pick-up: This holiday season we are reminding the public when you pick up/drop off passengers at the airport the driver of the vehicle must always stay with the vehicle. Vehicles on the curb cannot be left unattended and are subject to a Police citation and a TSA fine. The curb is for active loading and unloading of passengers. Sitting and waiting for someone is not allowed. South Terminal parking garage is free up to 30 minutes. Just prior to entering the airport, a cell phone lot is also available to those awaiting arrivals.
5. Cell Phone Parking Lot: If you're picking up passengers, there is a free cell phone lot available for drivers to wait until arriving passengers have deplaned, collected luggage and called to be picked up outside Baggage Claim. The cell phone lot is located in a designated area of the DOTPF Central Region Headquarters parking lot - just two-minutes away from both the South and North Terminals. Directions to the lot: From International Airport Road driving west to the airport, turn right at the Aviation Avenue exit and follow signs to the lot. Drivers must stay with their vehicles. Parking along International Airport Road is strictly prohibited. For a map, please visit the Airport's website at dot.alaska.gov/anc/travelerInfo/parkingSrvcs.shtml.
6. Terminal Music Performances: Throughout the holiday season various elementary schools and musical groups will be performing for the traveling public near the screening checkpoint. A schedule of performances will be posted on the airport website at anchorageairport.com.
7. Real ID:
6. Airport Recruitment: The Airport is recruiting for equipment mechanics and operators, as well as facility maintenance positions. Information on these opportunities can be found on Workplace Alaska or through Local 71 at the following web addresses: local71.com/jobs and dot.alaska.gov/anc/about/jobs.shtml. Active recruitments are:
|Equipment Operator Journey II||$23.60/hr||Class A CDL required at time of hire.|
|Seasonal Equipment Operator Journey II||$23.60/hr||Class A CDL required at time of hire.|
|Equipment Operator Journey I||$22.16/hr||Class A CDL required at time of hire.|
|Seasonal Equipment Operator Journey I||$22.16/hr||Class A CDL required at time of hire.|
|Electrician||$26.73 - 30.68/hr||Class B CDL required within 90 days of hire.|
7. Sign up for GovDelivery: Follow the link below to receive emails on DOT related items and visit us on Facebook and Twitter. service.govdelivery.com/accounts/AKDOT/subscriber/new
Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport is an important gateway to the city of Anchorage and the State of Alaska. More than 5 million passengers fly through ANC annually. Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport is responsible for approximately 15,577 airport & community jobs, earning $1 billion. That's 1 in 10 jobs in Anchorage.
Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport | 5000 W. International Airport Rd | Anchorage, AK 99502