Welcome To Building Maintenance
Your Source for Information on Northern Region Facilities
The mission of the Northern Region Facilities component is to improve the quality of life for Alaskans by cost effectively providing environmentally sound and reliable public facilities.
- To efficiently maintain and operate 386 state buildings totaling 1,244,369 square feet in the Northern Region
- To provide necessary support and administration of contracts servicing multiple components
- To provide a clean, safe, and healthy physical working environment for State employees and for the general public to use while conducting State business
- To safeguard the State's investment in public buildings by providing adequate maintenance to prevent premature deterioration
- To provide necessary maintenance and operations by the most productive and cost effective means available
- To reduce energy costs and to bring state facilities into alignment with current environmental and energy saving concerns
- Provide building utilities, including electricity, sewer and water, waste disposal, heating, air conditioning and ventilation for state-owned facilities.
- Provide and procure contracts for services including janitorial, snow removal, building security, waste removal and elevator maintenance. Provide routine scheduled and preventative maintenance and minor repair work. Routine maintenance includes servicing of heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems, lighting and electrical systems, plumbing systems, and all other mechanical systems.
- Perform or procure contracts for remodeling and repairs required by building occupants or needed to meet changing building codes and new regulations such as the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Provide and procure contracts for major maintenance, including renewal and replacement of worn-out, inefficient and outdated building components, mechanical systems, flooring, ceilings, windows, and window and wall coverings.
For more information