Homer Lake Street Rehabilitation
When: Tuesday, June 6, 2017
Stop by any time between 6 and 9 p.m.
Where: City Hall Cowles Council Chambers
491 E Pioneer Avenue, Homer
The Homer Lake Street project will rehabilitate Lake Street between the Sterling Highway and Pioneer Avenue/East End Road. The project is intended to extend the life of the roadway, improve pedestrian and bicycle facilities, and improve drainage.
This phase of the project includes right-of-way appraisal and acquisition. Previous work on the project includes geotechnical exploration, ground survey, and environmental documentation. Design documents are 75% complete. The project will:
- Rehabilitate 2,500 feet of pavement;
- Widen the road to the west and add bike lanes to both sides of the road;
- Reconstruct curb/gutter and sidewalk on the east side of the road;
- Re-establish existing ditches;
- Improve drainage by replacing failing culverts;
- Acquire right-of-way interests as needed; and
- Relocate utilities as needed.
The project will rehabilitate a crucial link in Homer's road network. The project team will coordinate with Homer drivers, bicyclists, pedestrians and individual property owners through the remaining work on the project.