1. ANC North/South Runway Renewal Project: We are pleased to announce the North/South Runway Rehabilitation project is complete. Aircraft are now using the full runway for departures, and airport operations and noise levels have returned to preconstruction levels. The rehabilitated North/South runway features new pavement, wider surfaces, and improved taxiway intersection geometry, all required to meet current FAA standards. The improvements enhance the safety and efficiency of airport operations. We would like to thank the public and neighbors for your patience during construction.
2. Alaska Airlines Honor Flight: The Last Frontier Honor Flight from Alaska departs October 1st, with the return ceremony being held at 3:00 PM on October 5th across from the TSA passenger screening checkpoint. The Last Frontier Honor Flight is a part of the Honor Flight System, a group dedicated to giving veterans the opportunity to see the memorials created in their honor in Washington, DC.
3. October 2019 Stand Down for Veterans: Event will be held in the North Terminal, 5000 W International Airport Road, on October 25th, 8:00AM to 2:30 PM, providing supplies and services to homeless Veterans. Parking for the event is complimentary.
4. Airport Recruitment: The Airport is recruiting for equipment mechanics and operators, as well as facility maintenance positions. Information on these opportunities can be found on Workplace Alaska or through Local 71 at the following web addresses: local71.com/jobs and governmentjobs.com/careers/Alaska. Active recruitments are:
|Equipment Operator Journey II||$23.60/hr||Class A CDL required at time of hire.|
|Seasonal Equipment Operator Journey II||$23.60/hr||Class A CDL required at time of hire.|
|Equipment Operator Journey I||$22.16/hr||Class A CDL required at time of hire.|
|Seasonal Equipment Operator Journey I||$22.16/hr||Class A CDL required at time of hire.|
|Electrician||$26.73 - 30.68/hr||Class B CDL required within 90 days of hire.|
If you would like to visit the airport to learn more about these positions and how you can join the ANC Team, contact: Airfield Maintenance 907-266-2710, or Airport Facilities 907-266-2484.
6. Sign up for GovDelivery: Follow the link below to receive emails on DOT related items and visit us on Facebook and Twitter. service.govdelivery.com/accounts/AKDOT/subscriber/new
Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport is an important gateway to the city of Anchorage and the State of Alaska. More than 5 million passengers fly through ANC annually. Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport is responsible for approximately 15,577 airport & community jobs, earning $1 billion. That's 1 in 10 jobs in Anchorage.
Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport | 5000 W. International Airport Rd | Anchorage, AK 99502