1. ANC North/South Runway Renewal Project: Project involves rehabilitating and widening RW 15/33 (the north/south runway) and updating taxiway geometry to meet FAA standards. Construction is planned for 7 days per week, 24 hours per day, April through October. During construction, the majority of air traffic will be shifted to the east/west runways. Most arrivals will land from the west, and most departures will take off to the east, creating a temporary increase in air traffic and noise over the city. To stay up to date on the project and submit comments, visit the website at anc15-33.com.
2. Passenger Drop-off/Pick-up: This summer season we are reminding the public when you pick up/drop off passengers at the airport, the driver must stay with the vehicle at all times. Vehicles on the ramp cannot be left unattended and may be subject to a potential Police citation and a TSA fine. The Anchorage airport is one of the few places that offers free parking in the south terminal parking garage for up to 30 minutes. A cell phone lot is also available to those awaiting arrivals, and further information can be found here: ANC Traveler Info/Parking Services.
3. Passenger Screening Wait Times: While getting through the TSA Screening Checkpoint at Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport is usually a breeze, increased wait times are expected for passengers in TSA’s passenger screening lines this summer season. Travelers are advised to arrive at the airport at least two hours prior to departure time. All lanes are expected to be staffed and operational during the peak times. For TSA Travel Tips, Visit: https://www.tsa.gov/travel/travel-tips
4. Airport Recruitment: The Airport is recruiting for equipment mechanics and operators, as well as facility maintenance positions. Information on these opportunities can be found on Workplace Alaska or through Local 71 at the following web addresses: local71.com/jobs and governmentjobs.com/careers/Alaska. Active recruitments are:
|Equipment Operator, Journey II, Full Time (25-2600)||$23.60/hr||Class A CDL required at time of hire.|
|Equipment Operator, Journey II, Seasonal (25-3728)||$23.60/hr||Class A CDL required at time of hire.|
|Equipment Operator, Journey I, Seasonal (25-2658)||$22.16/hr||Class A CDL required at time of hire.|
|Maintenance Specialist, Electrician, Journey II/Lead (25-0895)||$26.73/hr||Refrigerant Certification required. Commercial building experience highly desired. Class B CDL required within 90 days of hire.|
|Maintenance Specialist, Journey I (HVAC) (25-3564, 3563, 2727)||$24.00/hr Class||Class B CDL required within 90 days of hire.|
If you would like to visit the airport to learn more about these positions and how you can join the ANC Team, contact: Airfield Maintenance 907-266-2710, or Airport Facilities 907-266-2484.
5. Sign up for GovDelivery: at AnchorageAirport.com to receive emails on DOT related items; visit us on Facebook and Twitter.
Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport is an important gateway to the city of Anchorage and the State of Alaska. More than 5 million passengers fly through ANC annually. Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport is responsible for approximately 15,577 airport & community jobs, earning $1 billion. That's 1 in 10 jobs in Anchorage.
Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport | 5000 W. International Airport Rd | Anchorage, AK 99502