- 1. Coronavirus Update at ANC:
Lake Hood Seaplane Base Frozen Lakes: Winter operations are in effect, and we are requesting everyone’s help to remind others to please stay off the ice. The frozen lakes remain restricted active runway surfaces all winter for ski operations. For further information please contact the Lake Hood Office at 907-266-2410.
Airport Summer Construction: 2020 Construction Projects Map and associated descriptions will be posted online by April 15th at anchorageairport.com.
Cell Phone Parking Lot: There is a free cell phone lot available for drivers to wait until arriving passengers have deplaned, collected luggage and called to be picked up. The cell phone lot is in a designated area of the DOT&PF Central Region Headquarters parking lot - just two minutes away from both the South and North Terminals. Directions to the lot: From International Airport Road driving west to the Airport, turn right at the Aviation Avenue exit and follow signs to the lot.
- The Airport remains open and operational. ANC uses airport-cleaning methods and materials with multilayer cleaning protocols in its facilities that reduce the potential for acquiring communicable diseases. For more on what ANC is doing to keep travelers and employees safe, please visit our website at anchorageairport.com.
- All passengers arriving to the Airport on out of state flights will be advised of the Governor’s mandatory 14-day quarantine for incoming passengers and will fill out a travel declaration form prior to exiting the concourse.
- The requirement to obtain your REAL ID-compliant driver’s license has been postponed to October 1, 2021. Every air traveler 18 years of age and older will need a REAL ID-compliant driver’s license, state-issued enhanced driver’s license, or other acceptable form of ID to fly within the United States. For more information, visit https://doa.alaska.gov/dmv/home.htm
- ANC and Alaska DMV are partnering to ensure every Alaskan traveler has their REAL ID-compliant driver’s license or other acceptable forms of ID required to travel. Alaskans can now get their Real ID-compliant driver’s license at ANC. DMV services at ANC are available Monday thru Friday from 9:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m., and by appointment only. Parking is free for the first 30 minutes, and $3 for the first hour. Services are limited to Non-commercial License (Class D, and Motorcycle), Non-commercial Instructional Permits, Identification Cards, and Written Knowledge Tests.
- Visit the Alaska DMV website, or click on the following link to schedule your appointment. qw-alaskadmv.us.qmatic.cloud/qwebbook/index.html#/
7. Sign up for GovDelivery: Follow the link below to receive emails on DOT related items and visit us on Facebook and Twitter. service.govdelivery.com/accounts/AKDOT/subscriber/new
Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport is an important gateway to the city of Anchorage and the State of Alaska. More than 5 million passengers fly through ANC annually. Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport is responsible for approximately 15,577 airport & community jobs, earning $1 billion. That's 1 in 10 jobs in Anchorage.
Keep Alaska Flying and Thriving
Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport | 5000 W. International Airport Rd | Anchorage, AK 99502